Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 6155 0!
QuickBooks Error 6155 0 occurs when a user tries to open the business file, but fails to open it because of some corrupted or damaged file. We are now going to discuss various reasons that cause this issue and necessary troubleshooting steps that help to overcome the problem.
- QuickBooks Desktop Software Incomplete Installation on Windows.
- Damaged or corrupted file for client QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks installation directory lacks the client register.
- Outdated QuickBooks.
- The file you are trying to open for the company is a read-only file.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6155 0?
There exist many ways to fix the issue. You can try any one of the given below methods.
Solution 1: You can update QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, and press Update QuickBooks from under the Help tab.
- Pick Update Now, and wait until all updates are downloaded by QuickBooks.
- Press Exit from the File tab.
- Reopen QuickBooks, and pick Yes on the toolbar Update Now.
Solution 2: You can run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Let QuickBooks File Doctor tool be downloaded.
- You need to double-click the downloaded file.
- Select the option Repair Company Doc, and hit Next.
- Wait until this file completes the business file repairing.
Solution 3: Changing QB company file attribute can help
- Go to the installation directory of QB and then perform right-click the business files.
- After selecting Properties, you need to unmark the checkbox, Read-only.
- Press Apply and press OK.
- Attempt to open the business file again from QB Desktop.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks again with the use of QB clean Install tool
- Press Windows + R in the Run window text box, and type appwiz.cpl.
- Click OK and find QuickBooks in the Apps list.
- Double click the App and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen, and remove the QuickBooks Desktop app completely.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install tool, and install it.
- Follow the instructions on the computer so that you can install QuickBooks.