Being one of the best accounting software, QuickBooks, facilitates miscellaneous accounting assignments for business owners, manufacturers, retailers, and many more.
Unquestionably, Quickbooks is an amazing tool for business purposes, however, QuickBooks, as a software comes up with its own challenges from time to time, you might encounter, because working with a software is not an untroublesome task. QuickBooks Error when accessing a company file is one of those issues that persists when QuickBooks company file is not upgraded to the new version after the QuickBooks gets updated.
Issues Faced During Opening A Company File:
- Not being able to merge Web TimeSheet with QuickBooks Enterprise version after updating QuickBooks to edition 12.
- Whenever the end user attempts to open the company file, this error message is displayed on the computer screen as mentioned below:
“Error opening your company file”.
Root Cause Why Such Error Shows Up:
This issue takes place because QuickBooks company file is not upgraded to the current version of QuickBooks Software after QuickBooks gets updated in its latest edition.
Points To Be Taken Care Of While Fixing This Error Of Opening A Company File:
- Change the QuickBooks Company data file into QuickBooks’ current installed version.
- Navigate the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Select File from the above menu and then click on Open or Restore Company.
- Select “Open a company file” option by clicking and then click on the Next button.
- Locate your company data file from your system, select it, and then click on “Open”.
- As the QuickBooks shows the “Move Company File” window, look through the directions mentioned there, read out carefully, adhere to the same.
- Read out the instruction in the “Update Company File for New Version” window, entitle it by putting a check mark in the box to display you acknowledge, and click on “Update Now”.
- Adhere to the instructions to restore your company data file and make a notation of where you keep it for your later reference.
- As the message shows up “ You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBook. Do you want to continue?, Click on “Yes”.
- As soon as the company file is upgraded to its latest version, initiate Web Timesheet Integration Manager for QuickBooks and carry on with merging.
- Point to take note: As soon as your company file is converted in its latest version, it is proposed to create a backup file of it and store it in a secured location in case you need it in future.